Have you ever had some really negative thoughts? Thoughts like “I’m not pretty enough” or “I don’t deserve this job” or, “No one is going to love me”. Do you worry about things that you have no control over? Whether it’s self imposed or something else, negative thinking can be a big obstacle in our personal development.
It’s a struggle that each of us go through daily. Being positive, takes a lot of work but it can be achieved. Instead of doing the easy thing and drowning in negativity, why not work at being more positive?
Here are some full proof ways of releasing negative thoughts which I practice as well
- Whenever you start to feel worrisome, smile – Acknowledge that your worries are just an old habit that you’re choosing to release. Negativity is a choice and by smiling you’re telling negative thoughts to leave you alone.
2. Take Deep Breaths – I have anxiety problems so this helps me to calm down. As you exhale say “I’m letting go”. Remind yourself that you don’t have to choose negative reactions any longer.
3.Focus on something else – Sometimes, when I feel a negative thought coming on, instead of wallowing I try to focus on something else. I go clean my room or read a book to keep my mind focused on something else
4. Be Grateful – Whenever I feel negative thoughts coming on I remember to be grateful. Gratefulness puts things in perspective and helps me to feel at peace. I thank God for my family, I thank God for a roof over my head etc. After doing this, I feel so much better.
5) Don’t believe what you think – When my mom got sick I had thoughts of “Oh I’m going to have schizophrenia too and I’m not going to be able to have kids because they’re going to have schizophrenia too”. I felt paralyzed by my thoughts .My manager was the one who told me “You’re not going to have schizophrenia, you’re going to live a happy life”. That really changed my mindset. Believe in yourself.
Releasing negativity isn’t easy, but, you have to start somewhere if you want to be happy.
You can start with these affirmations
- I release fear and negativity, I choose to find joy in the present instead.
- I choose to release fear.
- I choose to have power over my thoughts.
- I choose to have a more peaceful attitude everyday.
I’m not saying that, you’re going to be in a happy bubble everyday and nothing is going to affect you. If that were the case we would be probably be in heaven right now. But in the same way that happiness is a choice so is negativity.
You can choose to wallow in negativity or rise above it and release it.
Dress – I bought this dress about 3 years ago but you can find similar ones Here
Follow me on