Fall is the season to tone things down. You know? Darker coloured clothes?Burgundy, black, and dark green. Darker makeup, darker lips, brown eyeshadow? Ring a bell?
Today, I want to show you a fall eyeshadow makeup look I created using Fenty Beauty and Rimmel London products. It was really easy and simple. I don’t have the time to do elaborate makeup, but I really admire those that do it so well.
Step 1 – I used Fenty Beauty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick for my inner eyelid. I used the shade rum. I really like the gold colour. It made my makeup really pop.You can shop it Here
Step 2 – Then I used the burgundy colour in my Rimmel London’s MagnifEyes Eyeshadow Palette on mu outer lids. You can shop it Here
Step 3 – I always wear dark lipstick. I just love looking gothic and badass. I can never wear pink lipstick or other colours. This one is from Fenty beauty, the shade is griselda from the mattemoiselle collection. You can shop it Here
I really liked how this turned out. I can wear this look out with my friends or on a date. This look is really me and this is how I like my makeup, simple and clean and dark. Don’t forget dark. Haha.
I just wanted to show you guys how I wear my makeup during fall. What do you think? Do you like it? What’s your go to makeup looks for fall? Let me know in the comments.
Follow me on
Look, I wish I was the type of person to say things like, “I do my makeup differently everyday”, but I’m not. I’d like to be the person who says “I’m going to do this new bold look with my eyes today”, but I’m not. Haha, will I ever be that type of person? Maybe, but typically I do my makeup the same way every time.. Maybe it’s laziness, maybe it’s comfort I don’t know, but it’s always the same. Yeah, I know, boring right?
Today, I’ll be sharing with you my Makeup Routine. Typically it takes me probably 45 minutes to do my makeup. Here’s the process.
- Primer – Before putting on my makeup I always apply primer. My face is always dry after I cleanse it, so using a primer makes all the difference. For this I like to use Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer. I like that this is super light and creamy and it doesn’t make my face oily. It’s also really affordable compared to Smashbox’s primer.
- Foundation – After apply primer I use, Fenty Beauty Pro’ Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation. I like this makeup because it looks like my skin. I don’t feel like I’m trying too hard, it looks really natural. I shake the bottle twice then use 3-4 pumps depending on the day. My shade is 420. I always dampen my beauty blender before I apply my foundation, I find that it just goes on smoother and looks better.
- Concealer– I like using Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. This is just so creamy and it just makes my face look really radiant. It’s the best.Then I blend, blend, blend.
- Contour– After concealing. I contour. This is my favourite part of makeup. I like how it brings definition to my face. I use Fenty Beauty Matchstix Matte Skin stick in shade Truffle or Espresso. I use a brush to blend out my contour
- Setting Powder – I then apply setting powder. I love the RCMA No Color Powder. It’s easy to blend out and it makes my makeup stay on for a long time. I usually dampen my beauty blender to apply this. I usually leave it on for 5 mins while I do my eyebrows or apply mascara.
- Eyebrows – After setting powder I do my eyebrows. I use Rimmel London’s Brow Shake Filling Powder. I really like this because it makes my eyebrows really dark and bold. I don’t like it any other way. How to use? Shake, then apply but make sure the contents of the bottle don’t end up blotching your face.
- Eyeshadow – I do my eyeshadow next. Typically I use the same colours. Again, I’m really boring. These days I use the Rimmel London Magnif’Eyes Spice Edition. I like using the burgundy colours the most because they make me stand out.
- Mascara– I use 2 different mascaras, one on my top lashes and the other on my bottom lashes. I use Essence on my top eyelashes and Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara on my bottom lashes.
- Setting Spray– This the second to last step. After I brush off the powder and apply mascara I use Mac Prep+ Prime Fix +Matte Vaporizer. When I first started using makeup I had no clue what this was but now I’m in love with it. It just makes my makeup look so good and photo ready.
- Lipgloss – I used to hate wearing lipgloss but now I can’t stop wearing it. It’s so simple and easy. I don’t have to worry about lipstick being on your teeth or all over my mouth. I use Rimmel London’s Oh My Gloss Lipgloss.
And this is the finished look below
These are all products that I LOVE. I use them regularly and I would recommend them to anyone. I won’t recommend products that are not great because there would be no point.
Yeah, so this is my makeup routine.Will I try new makeup looks in the future? Absolutely, because change is good, but for now I’ll keep doing this routine.
All the products shown in this blog post can be found on Sephora.com website or on Amazon.ca.
What’s your makeup routine? What kind of makeup products do you use? Do you always use the same products or do you switch it up?
Follow me on