Have you ever looked into the mirror and thought, “Hmm my fashion needs work” or, “Maybe I should tweak my style a little?”. Well, I think this happens to most of us. Fashion can be tough sometimes, but not impossible to master. It’s not math Y’all, (Let’s see the hands of those who hate math and think it’s difficult Aka me). Looking fashionable, is not all about buying the most expensive Versace pieces or wearing the latest trends, it can be very simple, easy and affordable.Here are some Tips that have helped me through the years to look more fashionable.
- Try something new – Yes, if you’re tired of looking the same all the time, the answer? Try something new. No, I’m not saying you should completely go out of your comfort zone, but try something new that you’re comfortable with. So if you’re someone who constantly likes to wear black maybe try wearing bright blue for a change? Change is always good. Start small and work your way up.
- Wear Sunglasses – I find that adding sunglasses to any outfit just makes it pop and look 10 times more fashionable. Wearing sunglasses with my outfits makes me feel like I’m some rich lady who has her shit together and can conquer the world.
- Wear a shoe that doesn’t match – I know you queens, like to match your red top with your red jeans, and your red shoes but sometimes, it’s good to switch things up. Pair your green dress with your purple shoes. You’ll instantly look more fashionable and chic. In these pictures I’m wearing snake skin mules with a lavender dress which Clearly don’t match but I love it.
- Wear your Jacket on your shoulders – I remember the first time I tried this and people were staring at me. Haha, that’s how you grab people’s attention. It’s like you’re wearing a cape but not really.
- Wear your cross body bag in front – I find myself doing it a lot more these days. It just showcases the bag more and since my blue bag is my favourite, I find that I want to show it off more. I find that this makes me look more high fashion.
Other tips include :Playing around with sizes – Sometimes I like to wear oversized clothing whether it be a top or jeans. It just goes with a tomboyish vibe that I might be having that day and just makes me look super chicCheck your closet – It’s good to always peruse your closet. That dress that you had when you were 16? Maybe it’s time to get rid of it Susan. Don’t be a hoarder. Ask yourself “Do I really need this or even wear this? If the answer is “No”, get rid of it.If you think your style is fine then there’s no need to update it. These are just tips that have helped me in my personal life. You can follow them, or not, it’s up to you really.It seems like the dress that I bought, is sold out but you can shop a similar one HereWhat other tips are there out there that can help someone become more fashionable? What tips do you follow in your own life?Comment belowLearn more about me in my updated About me section in the menu.Read my previous Outfit/ Fashion post Here Follow me on Instagram me HereFacebook Here